52 users online (0 members and 52 guests)  

Thread: SEO Question

Related

1. css question    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Yet another question?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. AnOtHeR QuEsTiOn    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. another question...    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

SEO Question

What would be a nice key word density %?
    Exsample: key word "lingerie"
    Checked out the top 3 sites,
    1 count 39 density 12.38%
    2 count 14 density 2.2%
    3 count 76 density 17.8
    Seems like there all over the place so how id Google seeing this?.
    Michael

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: SEO Question

I agree it is all over the place, no more than it should be though.

The keyword density alone is not and should not be an indicator of anything. IMO you need to look at the context of the keywords on the page. I think the ratio of bolded, h1, regular text, even the title/meta tags (if the density analyzer includes it), and the location all is a factor. Now what about the other 100 or so factors that go into ranking a page?

One of the most common mistakes is attempting to seperate the many factors that make up the algo. It seems to be most common in the PR game, "How come a site with 5 backlinks outranks my site with 10,000 backlinks".

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Dave
    Thank you but I do know there is a lot of factors invalid in SEO, I was just starting with one factor so let me give you some background. I have a web site called lingerie-of-hollywood and we fell from page two to who knows where under the word "lingerie" in one month time. Index page was balanced about 95% and the site is 10 years old. Google dropped all but 27 links according to Google Webmaster tools so that right there hurt us but I am not understanding why they are not listing our links backs, they are good ones and other lingerie stores.
    My key word density is "lingerie" 17.8 with 76 key word out of 427 to me it seems to much
    I'm fishing some what to understand parts of what Google is looking for and put the parts together to improve our site.
    Not to interested in PR but it went down to 2 was 4.
    Michael

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Unless you have made changes recently that affect your density, I am not sure I would be looking at that as the cause.

Was there ever any link buying or selling involved?

New User

Status

I'm just looking to better understand Key Word Density more and understand why so big of differences between sites on top. The big problem is Google is only seeing now 27 back links where Yahoo is seeing over 400 and this is a site that has been out there for about 10 years.

I don't pay for links, the links I have are other lingerie sites in most part. Google has also droping Directory sites I am listed in.
    So the question now is what sites do we link to or to us that Google will count?

Michael

Administrator

Status

Sounds like a tough situation and backlinks do seem to be a big factor. I think you are taking the right approach by looking at on page factors. It will not be an overnight fix, but imho, when everything is in sync on the page losing some links will not make as big a dent.

I would work on getting some more on topic 1 way links, and in the meantime experiment with your KWD and see what is best for you. Of course this brings us back to square 1, what is the right density. There is no magic answer, all you can do is play with it. I would probably find the 2 or 3 highest ranking sites which have similar off site factors (links/pr) and use those as a basis for which to begin.

Dave