30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 6
  2. Create and Kill temporary files?    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Warning - Spyware Programs that KILL affiliate cookies    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Angry Starting a new website. Mysql wants to kill me.

Hey. I just sort of stumbled onto this forum by accident. I used to be part of a similar one a while ago but due to a few moronic staff members I quit and basically began to rough it. I used to use the code base called McCodes but due to multiple security holes I have started my own set of a gaming script earlier today. I have run into only 1 problem. My MySql file doesn't want to link. I have been working on fixing this for about 4 hours now and I have not found the culprit. Could somebody else give me some insight on this?

mysql.php:

Code:
    <?php

$c=mysql_connect('localhost','corrupta_mainuse','PASSWORD') or die(mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db('corrupta_corruptcodes',$c) or die(mysql_error());

?>
    Error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql_connect]: Access denied for user 'corrupta_mainuse'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/corrupta/public_html/beta/mysql.php on line 3
    Access denied for user 'corrupta_mainuse'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    I'm not looking for somebody to write the code for me I just want somebody to help me get past this god awful problem. Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Starting a new website. Mysql wants to kill me.

Code:
    <?php

$c=mysql_connect('localhost','corrupta_mainuse','PASSWORD') or die(mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db('corrupta_corruptcodes',$c) or die(mysql_error());

?>
    I do not know much, so may be proving myself a fool What is the $c
    Would this work :
    Code:
    <?php

mysql_connect('localhost','corrupta_mainuse','PASSWORD') or die(mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db('corrupta_corruptcodes') or die(mysql_error());

?>
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

That isn't it as the code is looking for a correct username and password. However I have another idea I am going to try with that new code...

Status

If the error message is saying incorrect username/password then you're code is probably fine, its your password or username thats wrong.

Check your login and password for cAseSenSitive letters, and make sure you have access to the db??

New User

Status

I found my problem. I recently upgraded to a new server with another company and I had to use the MySqli extension.