44 users online (0 members and 44 guests)  

Thread: old problems

Related

1. CSS Problems    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Div Tag Problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. 5 CJ Problems    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 4
  4. ftp problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

old problems

I am having problems with validation, i know this is really old, but i still need some help. this is the code i have, its really old. how do i change it to comply with w3c standards. please help. errors are no top margin, no left margin, and no maronload and document type does not allow element "BODY" here.. if you can help thats wonderful.

<body bgcolor="#002157" text="#FFFFFF" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" maronLoad="MM_preloadImages('resources/iface2/about_us01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/home01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/traffic_ticket01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/links01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/medical_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/workers_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/motor_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/product_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/premise_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/employment_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/traffic_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/disclaimer_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/about_us_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/directions_01_b.jpg')" link="#0099FF" vlink="#0099FF" alink="#FF0000">

pedroli, old htmler

Moderator/Allstar

Status

Re: old problems

bgcolor,vlink,alink,text,link are deprecated
    There's no maronload, I bet you mean onload.
    The fix is to go through CSS

Add this in the head section of your page:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body{background:#002157;color:#fff;margin:0px;}
    a:link{color:#09f;}
    a:visited{color:#09f;}
    a:hover{/*Set any color you wish here*/}
    a:active{color:#f00;}
    </style>
    You can also remove your onload attribute in the body and do it inside your JS:
    Code:
    window.onload = function()
    {
    MM_preloadImages('resources/iface2/about_us01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/home01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/traffic_ticket01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/links01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/medical_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/workers_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/motor_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/product_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/premise_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/employment_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/traffic_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/disclaimer_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/about_us_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/directions_01_b.jpg')
    }
    ...So you'll only have: <body>
    Hope that helps

New User

Status

well then how about this one

Line 117, Column 609: document type does not allow element "BODY" here.

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" link="#0099FF" vlink="#0099FF" alink="#FF0000" onLoad="MM_preloadImages('resources/iface2/about_us01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/home01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/traffic_ticket01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/links01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/medical_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/workers_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/motor_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/product_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/premise_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/employment_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/traffic_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/disclaimer_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/about_us_01_b.jpg','resources/iface2/directions_01_b.jpg')">

and by the way thanks for the previous help. I just want to get this page finished asap.

Moderator/Allstar

Status

...but you were'nt really following my instructions in the previous posts

New User

Status

no, no I was this is just in a different part of the html. but I think i have it now. thanks for your help with this.