66 users online (1 members and 65 guests)  

Thread: My Opinion

Related

1. Need opinion concerning design    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Traffic... help/opinion    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 8
  3. Opinion    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2
  4. Opinion    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. Opinion Please    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2

Status

My Opinion

Here is my opinion on those sites those hosting that give you banners limited space and popu-ups, like Geocities or Angelfire, Tripod also falls into the category.

OK, there is one word for all of them, well actually there are two words: THEY SUCK!

I mean for a proffecional webdesigner those are useless! Who wants awebsite for free with pop-ups and banners on top. + only with like 20mb's of space, i think those kind of hosts should not even be out here online...

I mean those hosting sites only get members at first because of the unexperienced webmasters that than forget about their hosting and LEARN! THose sites are only good for someone that doesn't know HTML and needs a special builder for it(not on this forum)

Also they don't support any Programing Languages, only SOME of them support CGI and most of them probably don't even know waht PHP is!

Anyways my conclusion is: If you are a beggining in HTML, don't be like everybody else and run up to geocities, either but a good server with everything u need, or just get a good free host like i did!

Tell me your thoughts about these kind of hosting!

P.S. I didn't mean to offend anone in this post.

P.P.S. Sorry fro my bad english, i am still only Russian!

Man Utd Fans

Status
    i agree. Tripod, Angelfire, and Geocities(and some other free hosts) isn't that useful. however, i 've noticed some things about geocities and tripod(NOT tripod uk) that might be useful to some ppl:

when u use a transfer service from another site(ie. cjb.net, zdos.com, etc.) the layer ads and pop-up in geocities and tripod DISAPPEARS!

enough with the ads...my opinion is that if ur like me, and can't afford to buy a domain, try using two or more free host together to form ur site(e.g geocities and tripod UK). Then, go to a transfer service site(cjb.net zdos.com etc.) and "combine" them into one.

plz give some comments to this post

Status
    Originally posted by geek987

plz give some comments to this post

It sux?

lol j/k

Well i never tried that trick, but it was a good idea, i'll try doing it once when i have some spare time on my hands(I am am busy man here, gto a few sites i a mworking for).

Be Yourself

Status
    I have to agree that they are not that good. However, consider the following conditions. Your 12-13, just getting into HTML or learning it, only want to make some anime site without worrying about pay. Don't have any money to pay with anyways. Don't care about the banners just want to make some site on your favorite anime, or some other similar newbie topic. 20 mb is fine for them, and they could use all the free design help they can get. CGI and PHP is nonexistent to them. This is practically what these sites are made for, although these are a lot of conditons to meet, there are a whole lot of people that meet them. A lot of the people in this forum are experiences webmasters. They are here for a reason - because of their experience. I myself haven't been here for awhile because things are gettin a little busy. But I should be around more often shortly. Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

Status
    Yes i agree on that opinion too, but most of those such "newbie" sites just get forgoten and never used after words, though it is a good start anyways...