53 users online (0 members and 53 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. refresh popup window using javascript    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. javascript-help with opening in frame window    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 4
  5. problem with javascript opening a new window    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Javascript Window Always on Bottom

Wierd request, I bet, but basically here's my situation. We want to create a kind of toolbar for an MMORPG, in popup format with a left column and a top row of links to various pages maybe a chatbox to chat with others using the page, and as you can't create L shaped windows, we would like to have a top set of modules and a left set of modules and the users place the game client directly inbetween, completeing the window.

Everytime a user would click a link after this, the HTML page will become active and sit above the game client again, we were wondering if there was a way for when players click a link on the HTML underneath the game client, the window still stays at the bottom, underneath the game client?

Any help on this issue would be great!

New User

Status

Re: Javascript Window Always on Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Substance View Post
    Wierd request, I bet, but basically here's my situation. We want to create a kind of toolbar for an MMORPG, in popup format with a left column and a top row of links to various pages maybe a chatbox to chat with others using the page, and as you can't create L shaped windows, we would like to have a top set of modules and a left set of modules and the users place the game client directly inbetween, completeing the window.

Everytime a user would click a link after this, the HTML page will become active and sit above the game client again, we were wondering if there was a way for when players click a link on the HTML underneath the game client, the window still stays at the bottom, underneath the game client?

Any help on this issue would be great!
    Some browsers seem to allow to open window with some special parameters; See parameters netscape's open() function accepts.

Also IIRC there is a javascript function to move window to background. You can call it so toolbar returns back to background once user clicks somewhere on it