42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 2
  2. How to Protect My Folder on Server    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Uploading a Folder    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
  5. Folder referencing    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Question Help! How do I create the public_html folder?

I'm using CuteFTP 4.0. Uploaded index.html to galileo.spaceports.com (I think) but when I went to my site I got an error message "The requested URL was not found on this server."

I guess I didn't create the public_html folder. Where and how do I do that? Thanks.

New User

Status
    Regarding my previous post I forgot to mention that I'm using spacesports.com as my host and my website is: http://galileo.spaceports.com/~essay/

Administrator

Status
    From previous spaceports experience, it normally gives a 'No Index Page found' error if you haven't got one.

Some of the other members are much more experienced with Spaceports than I, hopefully they ahve some more useful advice.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You should not have to create the folder, if it is not there your best bet would be consulting the Spaceports forums.

sorry

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    It may be the case that your account was deleted. Like Dave said, your best bet would be to ask in the Spaceports forums and also check the rules and policies to see if there is something there that you may have violated.

New User

Status
    Thanks guys for the help. After exploring the CuteFTP utility further I managed to make the public_html directory on the remote server and upload my files there as spaceports requires.

One other problem. I had my spaceports account password changed but then the spaceports forum didn't accept the new password.

Status
    The forum password is separate from your account password, I believe. At least, mine are different.