51 users online (1 members and 50 guests)  

Related

1. Directory errors    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. How to Decode the data from Database using database handler?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Inherited formmail.pl and Front Page errors    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 5
  5. Page containing Errors Message    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Angry Database Errors at AHFB

Has anyone else been getting database errors when browsing the forums, editing their profile, etc? I keep getting them then end up having to refresh the page about 3 times before I can get to my destination. Not sure if it is common for this forum or not as I am a new user.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Database Errors at AHFB

I am aware of the problem and have taken steps which have greatly reduced the number of errors. The problem is that the site has become too popular for shared hosting. I do have to say, it is not a problem due to my host futurequest, they offer what is probably the best shared hosting packages in the industry.

I will continue to monitor the situation and will rearrange cronjobs so that they are set to occur during non-peak hours.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

Hello Dave

SMILE,,,,,being too popular is not such a bad problem, albeit a challenge to trchnology

Good Luck keepig the data base behaving

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

In an effort to reduce the amount of database errors I made some more changes to the vb cron jobs. It has now been a little over 24 hours without a single "failure to connect".

I am not saying the problem is solved, as long as we are on a shared account we will have these problems on occassion. I guess growing pains are not meant to feel pleasant.

If you do still have problems please hit refresh in a minute or two. Even though the amount of visitors turned away has usually been about 1 in 1000 or less I apologize to all those affected.

Dave

New User

Status

Hello HTML,

Out of curiosity, are you still on a shared account with Futurequest host? I'm asking because I did not know there could be such constraint when one sets up a forum of any kind.

Your forum database seems to have been stabilized since the question was asked, so I was wondering if you had to move towards a more expansive type of account.

Thank you

Administrator

Status

No, I left FQ years ago. They are a great company but I was overdue for a major upgrade.

See signature