37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Thread: Redirecting

Related

1. Redirecting to URL    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Advanced redirecting in Javascript    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. redirecting?    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Question Redirecting

First of all I'm new to HTML and this forum so heres a big hello to all of you.
    I have created a web page for my own business and included a 'registered user' section. What I would like is the code for assessing where the user came from and if it's not from my site then redirect them to my home page - a low security method of locking areas of my site.
    Please take a look at my site www.cadright.co.uk and let me know what you think so far.
    Cheers
    Wilxi

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hey wilxi, welcome to the forums
    What I would like is the code for assessing where the user came from and if it's not from my site then redirect them to my home page
    You may want to check out http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/ there should be something there for you.

Please take a look at my site www.cadright.co.uk and let me know what you think so far.
    looks like you spent lots of time in decking it out with flash and tricks and stuff. Will it impress people, some. Will it bring customers interested in your services, doubtful.

Keep the KISS principle in mind (keep it simple stupid), lots of distraction little message never works. Pick up your paper sunday, look at the ads the pros make to bring in customers, do the folks you give your business to get all "flashy" with there ads showing what can be done with print media(not much can be done I know, but follow me here) or do they provide 100% message. You may see a full page ad with the top half only 1 word SALE, below it what is on sale, the benefits and the cost, now go look at the line the next morning

Do not take it personal, this is the #1 mistake in web devolpment, everybody has made it, over half the members sites I see on these forums make it, I made it.....

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Cheers Dave
    The link you gave is excellent - plenty of stuff there.
    Comments about my site I agree with - its a fine line between looking cheap and too flashy.

All comments are welcome (good or bad) how else will we learn?
    Wilxi

Status
    You can do this with perl, php, or javascript. Do a search or check out the tutorials that deal with what you are after...there are loads of them out there.

This involves enviromental varibles on your server so it must be called rather than dropped in with html...unless I forgot to read that part of html....

nitewing
    Ann/nitewing