47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

New User

Status

website neglect and endangerment

Ok I知 more design than tech savvy. I love html and css, I repeat code in my sleep sometimes. I致e always just been comfortable making website templates and letting my clients/friends deal with actually publishing the site, kind of like giving birth and only seeing the kid once its graduated from college. I think I知 cutting the cord and paycheck a little too early.

I am totally apprehensive about trying to host a site. It seems like a monstrous amount of work and I知 more of the lazy designer type. Can anyone allay my fears and tell me its not as difficult as I think? I would really appreciate any recommendations on books, tutorials and hosting services.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jess E. O.

New User

Status

Re: website neglect and endangerment

Quote Originally Posted by jesseo View Post
    Ok I知 more design than tech savvy. I love html and css, I repeat code in my sleep sometimes. I致e always just been comfortable making website templates and letting my clients/friends deal with actually publishing the site, kind of like giving birth and only seeing the kid once its graduated from college. I think I知 cutting the cord and paycheck a little too early.

I am totally apprehensive about trying to host a site. It seems like a monstrous amount of work and I知 more of the lazy designer type. Can anyone allay my fears and tell me its not as difficult as I think? I would really appreciate any recommendations on books, tutorials and hosting services.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jess E. O.
    I can definitely understand your apprehension, as after all, the technical aspects of web hosting can be challenging.

However, there are options for you to help you earn more, while alleviating your fears of hosting your clients. Many providers offer "reseller accounts" that let you sell web hosting to your customers on a server ran by the provider, so all of the technical issues are handled by the provider and not you.

You may still have to provide basic support to your customers in regards to control panel features and billing, however, you can always forward any issues you're not sure about to your provider for a resolution.

Good luck and don't be discouraged, you can definitely increase your revenue if you decide to host your customers.