68 users online (0 members and 68 guests)  

Related

1. help positioning    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Replies: 2
  3. More Positioning    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Replies: 2
  5. css positioning....??    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Question Positioning tables

I would like to position some tables on this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/co4/survivors/main.html

into the "news" and "council" box. If you could help me to make them the same size as the boxes too, and to go over that other box with the writing in it and make it white. Thanx very much

Administrator

Status
    Hi Rachel, welcome to the forums!

erm...your whole example page is an image? I cannot do anything about that, I am afraid. Try the HTML tutorials on the left, they will teach you how to write HTML.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hi Rachel,

Is this just a screenshot for the purpose of showing what you want to do, or are you actually wanting to use this as your page?

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    The page looks very weird especially that iframe or whatever it is in the middle, i suggest you use simple html to do that, i could make it for you, just PM me!

New User

Status
    Dave:
    Its the whole page, only I wanted to put text boxes into the spaces provided. Ive seen it done before with scrolly down text boxes and it looked really cool and simple to update (or at least until the layout got changed..)

Thanx Ianru, i've pmed you...

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Then I cannot help you.

but that is not a bad thing, as you should really rethink where you are going with this. The image in itself is almost 100kb, OVER twice what an entire page should be with images code and text combined.

Looks neat is only good if people look at it. At this size the only people that would stick around while the page loads are those with a broadband connection meaning about 1 in 10.

If this is really what you want I hope you can make it work, but I have a feeling you are really not ready to give up on the majority of your potential visitors.

Dave

New User

Status
    hmm, I have a fast connection so I dont really think about stuff like that. Thanx for the advice. Can you think of any way in which I can make it more.. compact? Or something.. :\

Administrator

Status

eliminating a full page graphic would be a FANTASTIC start, it is ot the best quality anyway and making it better quality would just add to the file size.

I would also avoid the Iframes as they are not cross browser compatible.

Hit the tables tutorials or Deans CSS tutorials.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting