45 users online (1 members and 44 guests)  

Thread: dynamic webpage

Related

1. Dynamic Combobox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Dynamic web forms    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. Dynamic HTML    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. dynamic forms    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

dynamic webpage

I am designing a website for news and politics, content of a webpage should change everyday, please can anybody tell me how to do it??please

Moderator/Allstar

Status

Re: dynamic webpage

What are the factors for changing? Where are the data stored? Could you please rephrase.
    Checkout my porfolio.
    Please click the button when a member helped you.
    Take time to use Forum's Search function.

New User

Status

Hi,

i am designing a website related to politics and news , so i have started front page has index.html,since its Html it cant be dynamic,so i ve planned, i ll give link to a jsp page called e-news.jsp here i want updated news that is daily news, i planned to write code which will take updated news from one of da news channel and it shud display in my site, is it possible????? can u help?? if yes how can i do that??

Moderator/Allstar

Status

Yes, it's possible, I bet you mean to use RSS feed. You can also give it a google on feeds.

One important thing is that your page should be *.php and not *.html/l, or you could try JSP, unluckily, I don't have any idea about it.

Also, if you plan to proceed on RSS, just say so and I'll move you thread into server-side.
    Checkout my porfolio.

New User

Status

Hi rangana,
    i dont no php. and i dont know to use do i need to pay for it??? i dont know i cant pay for RSS. do u knoe anything abt hoe to get updated daily news in a page help me..i thoght i ll take news data into a txt file and include it into a jsp... dont know i am confused wat to do????it will be appreciable if u help.?? thanks

Status

As rangna explained, you will need to use some kind of server side scripting language to do what you're proposing to do. There is no shortcut to getting where you want to go. You have some suggestions in this thread for scripting languages to use. Pick one, and start learning it, would be my suggestion. If learning a scripting language is not something you're willing to consider, then you'll need to find someone to develop this for you. And yes, you'll have to pay for it.

Hope this helps.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Moderator/Allstar

Status

If you'll use RSS feed, it should be that the page is able to produce the feeds (XML). Also, if you plan to use a TXT file, this could be done by a simple PHP include.
    Where you will just update that certain txt file, and you're back to business.

Hope that makes sense.
    Checkout my porfolio.