31 users online (0 members and 31 guests)  

Related

1. Website Script Help Needed    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. help needed with PayPal script    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 7
  3. ebay script needed    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Help Needed in CGI Script Please    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. php upload script needed..    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Website Script Help Needed

Hello All:

My name is R'Lee and I am new to this forum. I have a site script I am trying to install and I am not all that familiar with the process. So I'm lookin for a little coaching.
    The script is called WizPortal and it This script comes with a SQL Database and I am unsure how to proceed with setting it up correctly.
    The installation instructions say I have to change a few of the lines in a file is called "common.pm. Ok I found the file and opened it and found the lines which need to be changed. The login is simple as is the password.

The instructions below are cut and pasted from the .txt file.

(c) Using the guidelines below, change these parameters:

$strConn = "DBI:dbd-driver-name:db-name"

where:

dbd-driver-name - This is the name of the used DBD driver. E.g., in MySQL case
    it should be 'MySQL' and the whole connection string will have the following
    look:

$strConn = "DBI:MySQL:db-name";

db-name: This is the name of the used database.

Thus, if your database name is "mydb" (and you use MySQL), you should have the
    following connection string:

$strConn = ""DBI:MySQL:mydb";

There is one files and one folder in the database folder.

and the file is
    >[COLOR="Blue"Portal_MSAccess.mdb[/COLOR]

The folder is SQL

Do I need to change the name of this file?

>Portal_MSAccess.mdb

Inside the SQL folder are 2 files
    The first is
    >Portal_MSSQL.sql

The second is
    >Portal_MySQL.sql

My assumption is this;
    >Portal_MSAccess.mdb

is the name of the dbd-driver

Do I change "Portal" to something like mydatabase?

My second assumption is the same for the folders in the SQL Floder.

To sum up; I think I need to change the name of one or all of these files. Once I've changed the names of these files I need to plug the names into the
    $strConn = ''":

string

I hope my absolute confusion hasn't garbled my question too badly.

Thanks for taking the time to help this confused old man.

Gratefully

R'Lee Serratt
    Last edited by rleeq; 08-13-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Website Script Help Needed

from my take of the install instructions you do not need to change the name of the mentioned files.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

You need to backtrack a bit.

First:
    Portal_MSAccess.mdb
    This is a database create in Microsoft Access.

Portal_MSSQL.sql
    This is an SQL script for creating a database using Microsoft SQL Server.

Portal_MySQL.sql
    This is an SQL script for creating a database using MySQL server. (This is the most common and the one you will most likely be using)

You will need to determine which database you want to use (and have available). That will determine the driver you will be using.

Second:
    Do NOT change any names as the files probably will not work if you do. It will not corrupt the files, but they will not work properly (particularly the Microsoft files).

Third:
    Change the connection string as follows (with a database name of MyDB):

For MS Access:
    $strConn = "DBI:msaccess:MyDB" (not exactly sure on this. You should probably double check with WizPortal for this driver name)

For MSSQL:
    $strConn = "DBI:MSSQL:MyDB"

For MySQL:
    $strConn = "DBI:MySQL:MyDB"

Fourth:
    The Perl scripts you received with WizPortal come with the dbd-drivers. You should only need to change the connection string, username, and password to get the database to install. You should then be able to complete the setup of the script.

Much more support than that will be specific to WizPortal. I can try and assist you through the forums, but WizPortal will be your best bet.

New User

Status

Lightbulb Re: Website Script Help Needed

Third:
    Change the connection string as follows (with a database name of MyDB):

For MS Access:
    $strConn = "DBI:msaccess:MyDB" (not exactly sure on this. You should probably double check with WizPortal for this driver name)

For MSSQL:
    $strConn = "DBI:MSSQL:MyDB"

For MySQL:
    $strConn = "DBI:MySQL:MyDB"

Fourth:
    The Perl scripts you received with WizPortal come with the dbd-drivers. You should only need to change the connection string, username, and password to get the database to install. You should then be able to complete the setup of the script.

Much more support than that will be specific to WizPortal. I can try and assist you through the forums, but WizPortal will be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK first thanks for the help. Please bare with me I really am very new at this and trying hard to understand it all.

I wasn't clear in one of my statements. I Know I shouldn't change any names of any of the files in the script because they are keyed to other parts of the script. I don't understand how this is done but I don't need to understand as long as I can get the script to work.

Now;

I do have a text file called Portal_MySQL It is a text file.

If I understand you this is a SQL script and that if I upload it as is it should have all of the commands to set up the database.

Let's see if I understand correctly. I am supposed to create a database in my website control panel and and put the name for that database in the db-name part of the $strConn string, then rely on the script to format the database?

Next;

I inquired with my host and was informed that they told me the following

the server is Linux based
    and
    the server has DBI::SQL::Nano module but there is no "DBI:MySQL" or "DBI:ODBC.

Is this DBI::SQL::Nano what I put in the "DBI:dbd-driver"? It seems that there is something wrong with that name...to many colons or semicolons (what ever they're called )

Do I finally have this right? I sure hope so!

Now that only leaves the "no DBI:MySQL or DBI:ODBC" info from my host. Are these things I need? Or can I ignore this?

Thanks again

R'
    Last edited by rleeq; 09-14-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: added info

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rleeq View Post
    I do have a text file called Portal_MySQL It is a text file.

If I understand you this is a SQL script and that if I upload it as is it should have all of the commands to set up the database.

Let's see if I understand correctly. I am supposed to create a database in my website control panel and and put the name for that database in the db-name part of the $strConn string, then rely on the script to format the database?
    In essence, that is correct. I don't have the file in front of me, but that is what looks like should be the case. It is also what is typically the case.

I inquired with my host and was informed that they told me the following

the server is Linux based
    and
    the server has DBI::SQL::Nano module but there is no "DBI:MySQL" or "DBI:ODBC.

Is this DBI::SQL::Nano what I put in the "DBI:dbd-driver"? It seems that there is something wrong with that name...to many colons or semicolons (what ever they're called )
    The Nano database is essentially a mini-database. It seems a little odd that that would be the only database you have available. You will need to check with WizPortal to see if they support that database engine.

Do I finally have this right? I sure hope so!

Now that only leaves the "no DBI:MySQL or DBI:ODBC" info from my host. Are these things I need? Or can I ignore this?
    You can safely ignore those comments, though it makes me wonder about your host. Send me a PM with your host name, and I will see what I can find out about it.