37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Traffic "Downline Builder" question    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Search engine traffic versus link traffic.    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Traffic Question

a client of mine -my college guide dot org has seen significant traffic reductions since upgrading their website in January of this year. One of the things they changed was the page names from .php to no extension. Need to find out how to increase their traffic, I have suggested stronger content, keywords in titles and tags, inbound links and possibly changing the page names back to include the .php extension. Any other suggestions?? Other than the page names, they never used any of these other techniques before and they had significantly more (almost twice as much) traffic before the site upgrade.
    Any other suggestions? Would changing the page names back to include the .php extension hurt their situation or have no effect? The info I've found online speaks to both positive and negative effects.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Traffic Question

I doubt very seriously that is the problem. I would be more concerned about the hidden text and the "alt" keyword stuffing.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

"Alt" keyword stuffing- assuming that you mean in the content itself? any other suggestions for the site?

Status

I agree. It is very unlikely that changing the file extensions is the issue. I have never seen file extensions in any list of SEO topics.

Did the page format change? How much did the head section change? Check the other changes as well and see if you can find what the difference is.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by writeminded View Post
    "Alt" keyword stuffing- assuming that you mean in the content itself? any other suggestions for the site?

Meaning the alt attribute of the image tags. Looking at the combination of hidden spam in the footer and spammy keyword stuffing throughout, I am certain this is the problem.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Thanks - I'll look into these issues.