77 users online (1 members and 76 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New User

Status

What is link bait?

Hey,

I'm working as a webmaster and know enough about SEO.

Well, I have heard many times about link bait technique but I exactly don't know what is link bait?

Hope, I will have some good inputs about link bait here.

Thanks...
    Last edited by HTML; 08-28-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: manual signature removed

Status

Re: What is link bait?

Did you try Google? There are many examples, including this one.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Link bait, as i understand it, is where you provide an item, ie video, article etc which "baits" users to link to you. Eg you are giving them nice content for their site and you get a link back.

New User

Status

It's where you catch the attention of the readed, and you "redirect" he or she to another thread or another website.
    It's a very powerful and viral promotion tool. Handle it with care

New User

Status

link bait is very common whenn it comes to blogs...
    this is when someone will copy some of your post and use it as an update for his blog but of course at the end of his post there is a post back to where he got it and that's to your blog...

New User

Status

As I understand link bait is a previous step of creating smyh, example blog?

New User

Status

Link bait is content on your site to which other sites link because they want to, not because you ask them to.

It is about your content. Example of site that has plenty of link bait is the wikipedia.

Link bait is any content or feature within a website that somehow baits viewers to place links to it from other websites. Attempts to create link bait are frequently employed in the overall task of search engine optimization. Matt Cutts defines link bait as anything "... interesting enough to catch people's attention." Link bait can be an extremely powerful form of marketing as it is viral in nature.

New User

Status

HI,

Link baiting (or linkbaiting) is the newest buzzword in the SEO world and is the preferred way to natural link building.
    It means creating something that naturally attract backlinks for your website of people talking, debating in forums, blogging about i, posting on del.icio.us / Furl / Digg / Shout wire and links to their websites. It also attracts many visitors.

New User

Status

I think link baiting is dropping a link for some offer or free item just to get the person onto the website, like a decoy of sorts.

New User

Status

Link bait means to create something that naturally attract backlinks for your web page by getting people to talk about it, discussing it on forums, blogging about it, posting it on social bookmarking sites and linking to it from their sites. It also attracts a lot of visitors.

New User

Status

Talking Re: What is link bait?

okay, it seems that i understand now what you all
    mean..

seems like I have done it, on the benefit of the blogger..

New User

Status

Smile Re: What is link bait?

Link baiting (or linkbaiting) is the latest buzz word in the SEO world and has come to be the preferred way to natural link building.

reference:
    http://www.jimwestergren.com/link-bait/

New User

Status

It's a form of link building, you offer something in exchange of linking to your site. For example, articles of interest for a subject. Images, videos, newsletters, etc. Banner exchange, link exchange, etc.

New User

Status

You must be writing interesting/intriguing content so that others are going to link into your site.

New User

Status

Link baiting is a notable SEO concept; the underlying idea with this concept is to build a completely unique concept that would be circulated in significantly trafficked media. If your published content is exceptional, many web visitors will be attracted to it, and a good number of sites will insert links to your content in their own websites. This way, you will generate organic one-way link back to your site.
    Last edited by paul wood; 12-05-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last